Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mustard with a knife in the dining room?

Foodwise, being in the US has been a little tough, the fact that I'm a vegetarian doesn't help either. Somehow it's hard to get used to thinking of cold sandwiches as meals---to be satisfied mentally I've got to have warm food. The cookies and indigenous chocolates, that one finds here, are cloyingly sweet, what with cane sugar having comprehensively replaced sugar everywhere, which, come to think of it, is a funny comment for an Indian to make considering how sweet some of our own mithais can be. Though what I miss most about being away from des is the mustard sauce which was (still is, I'm sure) served by most reputable pizzerias there. It was such a delicious way of adding zest to pizzas. The mustard in this country tastes so different, and I'm afraid even after being here for so long I haven't been able to get used to its flavor. Why-oh-why does the mustard here taste so different, and yucky, from the mustard back home? So far my quest to find a more Indian tasting mustard has been in vain. I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this one.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]